Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm Tired of White Gay Men Complaining About How Difficult Life is for Them - Please Direct Them to the Definition of the Word 'PRIVLIDGE'?

I have a Moriarty. A nemesis... and I expect that would have been a lot more scary for Sherlock Holmes, seeing as his nemesis tried on occasion to kill him, and didn't just send him annoying and snarky emails.

Let us call him Mr M. For... well, for many reasons.

It started with the email sent to all of the SRC members (because this person apparently doesn't now how to tell the difference between 'reply' and 'reply all' about the one Queer Collective meeting they attended because no one talked about the things that they thought that should have been brought up, not that they submitted anything for the Agenda, nor did they actually raise any points during the meeting.

Then followed the email discussion about that.

Then they emailed me consistantly over a period of time asking me to do things for a project that THEY are meant to be running, having declared themselves the 'co-ordinator, Secretary and Treasurer' of the Project's 'Collective'.

Followed by a long conversation about the meaning of 'Collectivism' as opposed to 'Dictatorship' and the poor idea that it is not having an independent Treasurer appointed to create a means of accountability (seeing as this is where the word 'accountant' comes from) if money goes missing.

Then another long email conversation about that.

Then the emails that called me reactionary instead of rational, and implied that I was this way because I was female, and that accused myself and C of making them feel 'unsafe' in the Queer Space and 'worthless'. Well, Mr M. you can try to push all of the buttons that you want by using those words, but it isn't going to work because I am 'rational' and not 'reactionary'. For if indeed I were 'reactionary', you would realise this from the fact that you would have under 4 minutes to live due the the fact that I had sliced open one of your arteries without you noticing. For that is how my 'reactionary' side plays... which is why I am a very 'rational' person.

There was then a diatribe of insulting emails sent to my personal email address, to which I responded by explaining that he is only to email me on a professional basis via the CSU.SRC or CSU.MSG addresses, dependent on what the business was referring to.

Mr M's response? To send a diatribe of insults to the CSU.MSG email account.

No, no, no Sir. I did not ask you to use that account to insult me because it was more convenient for me to receive them there. I said that there would be no more insults and only professional emails sent to the Guild and Council accounts. So my response was to tell Mr M. that there would be no more insults, and anything like an insult would be taken as harassment and dealt with as such.

So, no more harrassing emails addressed to me.

BUT, (because these situations always have a big arse in them) we are now up to the 'I will email the Queer Collective (that I swore I would have nothing to do with) and tell them that they are disgusting and messy because I don't KNOW that it is 'her' [me, your whinning authoress] who reads them. And I will comb through the student forums and answer each of the posts she made last year with some snide comment and thinly veiled threat about the days of your positions on the Council and Guild being numbered.

Oh boy, do I have some news for you, Mr M.

As I said - the idea of a nemesis seemed so much more exciting when I was growing up reading Sherlock Holmes books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'PRIVLIDGE"?