Friday, December 18, 2009

It's 5am and we are waiting for two lines.

I was woken up at 5am this morning. This might be a normal occurrence for some people, or at least a slight inconvenience - but I didn't get to sleep until about 3.30am.

I swear this insomnia is going to kill me... or be the death of someone who annoys me at just the wrong time.

It has now gotten to the stage where taking 4mg Xanax gives me about 4 hours sleep (as long as I don't get woken up - but we'll come back to that later), which, for the uninitiated, is a whopping great dose that should put a pachyderm in his pyjamas.

The reason that it gave me a mere hour and a half of dream-time? Today was baby test day.

T and I decided that she would wake me up when she got up (usually 7am) and she would go and POAS (pee on a stick) and then bring it back into the bedroom (they have these nifty little covers to stop you spattering pee everywhere when you hold it up like a trophy and jump up and down - as yet unwitnessed by us) and we would wait out the three minutes together.

Three minutes is a long time when you are this tired. It is an even longer time when the stick shows only one line after the wait.

Positive would have been two lines.

No comments: