Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Seeing Paranormal Activity Was A Mistake...

...not because I didn't enjoy it thoroughly, I like being scared and it had some scary moments; but because I like being scared in movie theatres and not in my own house.

I'm not talking about the sort of thing that happened after I went to see a midnight showing of The Ring on my own (which I will expand upon in another entry). I'm talking about the fact that for the third time in two nights I have woken up to go to the bathroom and discover that the back window of my house was open. After closing it.

Sure, perhaps the first time (Monday night) we forgot to close it. I mentioned it to T, she swore that it was closed, and I figured that she might have just forgot.

Tonight I woke T up and took her out with me after I found it open again to show her that I wasn't messing around. I've just gone to pee for the second time since going to bed (more boredom and insomnia than a weak bladder) to find the window open... again.

Now I know that we closed it the first time tonight. And I KNOW that we closed it after finding it open earlier tonight because we stood there and discussed the fact that it was open.

So how the FUCK was the window open when I just went to pee for the second time?!

I don't believe in ghosts (not the dead human kind, I believe in the build up of psychic energy in a space), but I do believe in spirits and demons (as well as angels)... after all, I am a Pagan. And I know that this is an OLD house - with the peeling paint chips to prove it, built on old land - Bathurst has it's fair share of history, but I've never 'felt' anything here. The only thing that scares me about the house is the spiders and bugs.

But I could really really do without the freaky window opening business.

No comments: